The director asked, " Where did your mother worked?" the youth answered, my mother worked as cloth cleaner. The director requested the youth to show his hand, the youth showed a pair of hand that is smooth and perfect to the director.
The director asked, " Did you ever help your mother washed the cloth before?" The youth answered, never, my mother always wanted me to study and read more books, furthermore, my mother can wash cloths faster than me.
The director said, I had a request, when you go back today, go and help to clean your mother's hand, and then see me tomorrow morning.
The youth felt that its chance of landing the job is high, when he went back, he happily wanted to clean his mother's hand, his mother feel strange, happy but mixed with fear, she showed her hand to the kid.
The youth cleaned his mother's hand slowly, his tear drop down as he did that. It is first time he found his mother's hand is so wrinkled, and there are so many bruises in her hand. Some bruises incites pains so strong that shiver her mother's body when cleaned with water.
This is the first time the youth realized and experienced that it is this pair of hand that washed the cloth everyday to earn him the school fees, the bruises in the mother's hand is the price that the mother paid for his graduation and academic excellence and probably his future.
After finishing the cleaning of his mother hand, the youth quietly cleaned all remaining clothes for his mother.
That night, mother and sons talked for a very long time.
Next morning, the youth went to the director's office
The director noticed the tear in the youth's eye, asked: " Can you tell you what have you done and learned yesterday in your house?"
The youth answered, " I cleaned my mother's hand, and also finished cleaning all the remaining clothes'
The director asked, " please tell me your feeling."
The youth said, Number 1, I knew what is appreciation, without my mother, there would not the successful me today. Number 2, I knew how to work together with my mother, then only I can realize how difficult and tough to get something done. Number 3, I knew the importance and value of family relationship.
The director said, " This is what I am asking, I want to recruit a person that can appreciate the help of other, a person that knew the suffering of others to get thing done, and a person that would not put money as his only goal in life to be my manager. You are hired.
Later on, this young person worked very hard, and received the respect of his subordinates, every employees worked diligently and in a team, the company's result improved tremendously.
A child who has been protected and habitually given whatever he did, he developed "entitlement mentality" and always put himself first. He is ignorance of his parent's effort. When he started work, he assumed every people must listen to him, and when he became a manager, he would never know how suffering his employee and always blame others. For this kind of people, he can have good result, may be successful for a while, but eventually would not feel sense of achievement, he will grumble and full of hatred and fight for more. If we are this kind of protective parent, did we love the kid or destroy the kid?
You can let your kid lived in a big house, eat a good meal, learn piano, watch a big screen TV. But when you are cutting grass, please let them experienced it. After a meal, let them washed their plate and bowl together with their brothers and sisters. It is not because you do not have money to hire a maid, but it is because you want to love them in a right way. You want them to understand, no matter how rich their parent are, one day their hair will grow gray, same as the mother of that young person. The most important thing is your kid learn how to appreciate the effort and experience the difficulty and learn the ability to work with others to get thing done.
Written By Regina Brett, 90 years old, of The Plain Dealer, Cleveland, Ohio . 作者： Regina Brett，90歲，來自俄亥俄州，克里夫蘭，Plain Dealer城 "To celebrate growing older, I once wrote the 45 lessons life taught me. It is the most-requested column I've ever written.
My odometer rolled over to 90 in August, so here is the column once more:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.1。人生是不公平，但還是好得很。
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.2。懷疑的時候，為未來踏出一小步。
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.4。生病的時候，你的工作不會照顧妳。你的朋友和父母會。保持聯絡。
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.5。每一個月付清你的信用卡。
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.6。你不需要每一次都吵贏。同意你不同意的。
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.8。對上帝生氣沒有關係。祂受得了。
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.9。退休存款從你的第一張薪水條開始。
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.10。講到巧克力，抗拒只是徒勞無功。
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.11。和你的過去和解，所以它不會搞砸你的當下。
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.12。讓你的孩子看到你哭沒有關係。
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.13。別拿自己的人生和他人做比較。你根本不清楚他們的人生是怎麼一回事。
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.14。如果一段親密關係要偷偷摸摸，你根本不應該涉入。
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.16。深吸一口氣。它會安定你的腦。
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.17。沒用，不美，或不喜悅的東西都丟掉。
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.18。沒讓你死的真的會讓你更堅強。
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.19。重拾快樂童年永不嫌晚。但這第二次只能靠你不靠人。
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.21。點蠟燭，用好的床單，穿上炫麗的內衣。不要特殊場合才用。今天就是特別的一天。
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.22。準備要過於周全，然後隨遇而安。
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.23。現在就離經叛道。不要一把年紀了才開始穿上紫色。
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.24。最重要的性器官是腦袋。
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: 'In five years, will this matter?'26。把所謂的不幸用這一句話把它表框起來 "五年後，這還重要嗎?"
27. Always choose life.27。永遠選擇生活。
28. Forgive everyone everything.28。原諒每一個人每一件事。
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.29。別人怎麼看你不干你的事。
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.31。無論情況多好或多壞，它都會變的。
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.32。不要那麼認真的看待自己。沒有人會這樣看待你的。
33. Believe in miracles.33。相信奇蹟。
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.34。上帝愛你是因為祂就是這樣，不是因為你做了什麼或是沒做什麼。
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.36。變老了打敗另一種選項 - 死得早。
37. Your children get only one childhood.37。你的孩子只有一個童年。
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.38。最後真正最重要的是你愛過。
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.39。每一天都出門。奇蹟在四處等著。
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.41。忌妒浪費時間。你已經擁有你所需要的了。
42. The best is yet to come.42。最好的都還沒來。
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.43。不管你感覺如何，起來，穿好和呈現。
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."45。人生不會打上蝴蝶結，但它仍然是一份禮物。